About the role:
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Health and Safety professional to join Blackpool Pleasure Beach. To provide assurances of Health, Safety and Environment compliance to the Board of Directors through the strategic leadership, governance and effective management of all Health, Safety and Environment activities across Blackpool Pleasure Beach Group of Companies.
- To direct and be responsible for the continued implementation and maintenance of a positive Health and Safety culture, ensuring that the Company Health and Safety Management System is developed, understood and adhered to by all departments.
- Support and work closely with the various internal departments, projects and supply chain in planning, reviewing and achieving HS&E objectives and targets as well as promote continuous improvement and development.
- In conjunction with the Controls and Quality Engineer to plan and implement inspections and audits, to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and the Company Safety Management System.
- Promptly investigate all health, safety and environmental incidents as required by company policies, in accordance with company guidance and timescales. Make known to all relevant parties any significant findings/recommendations and ensure lessons learnt/alerts are captured, developed and communicated effectively throughout the business.
- Support the maintenance of QHSE Management Systems under ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 / ISO 45001)
- Keep abreast of any changes or updates to relevant legislation and industry guidance/best practice, ensuring that such information is communicated and acted upon by all relevant departments.
- To periodically undertake reviews of relevant data and reports to identify trends and hot spots and to then recommend remedial action.
- To represent the Company externally and to undertake UK and overseas travel, as the Company shall determine from time to time.
- To maintain your professional status and qualifications and attend such training courses as the Company may reasonably require from time to time.
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge Required
Qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate or Diploma or equivalent and have a proven track record in implementing and delivering health & safety compliance strategies and managing sustainability in a highly regulated environment
This will include a sound understanding of relevant legislation and compliance auditing in line with ISO management standards.
You will have significant experience in writing and reviewing policies, guidance and risk assessments and embedding policy changes in a workplace environment.
You will have sound judgement; be able to effectively identify, manage and mitigate risks; and have strong consultation, influencing and negotiation skills, to enable you to build a reputation as a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders.
- Chartered Membership of the Institute of Safety and Health
- An understanding and experience of achieving and maintaining ISO accreditation
- Be competent in accident investigation and preparing reports for both the HSE and Insurers
- Adaptable with a can-do attitude
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Strong dynamic team player
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, able to effectively communicate with all teams, areas and levels
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong IT skills
- Resilient and able to work under pressure, meeting strict deadlines as well as managing own workload