Reports to: Electro-Mechanical Manager
About the role:
We are looking to recruit a time served Maintenance Engineer to join our Mechanical Engineering team. You will be required to undertake safety checks, preventative maintenance and repair the rides and attractions. The ideal candidate should be forward thinking and demonstrate initiative. You must have a risk-based approach to working safety. You must be able to work as part of a team and on your own. Rota systems are in operation during park opening hours so will include some weekend work.
We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- In this role, you will keep our Rides and Attractions, equipment and facilities within the park, to a high standard of safety and efficiency. You will also fully participate in the execution and planning of the annual winter maintenance and certification programme, including all associated record keeping as demanded by HSE guidance notes and statutory requirements.
- A sound knowledge of mechanical engineering and the ability to carry out planned and un-planned safety inspection and maintenance work on amusement devices and associated equipment in accordance with HSG175.
- To have completed a recognised apprenticeship or hold a recognised qualification e.g. City & Guild, BTEC, NVQ level 3, ONC in a mechanical engineering discipline as a minimum qualification.
- The ability to read and understand schematic drawings in order to carry out effective fault finding and diagnostics. Experience of working with hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams is essential.
- You will be requested to carry out Risk Assessments and Associated Risk Assessments as and when required.
- Experience of Health & Safety procedures relevant to engineering activities and the safe handling of heavy equipment.
- As part of a shift team, must be able to respond quickly and safely to ride shutdowns to ensure maximum ride availability. This will include working at height and confined spaces.