An escorted climb to the 235ft summit of the Big One
WALK THE LIFT HILL OF ONE OF THE WORLD'S TALLEST ROLLERCOASTERS
Here's what you need to know
On the day of your climb
- On arrival please meet at the Pleasure Beach South Gate Entrance which is located off the promenade, between the BLVD Hotel and the Big Blue Hotel.
- On and off-street car parking options are available nearby.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before the experience start time to allow for a safety briefing and preparation for the walk.
- Please bring your booking reference with you. This can be printed or on an email on your phone.
- Allow 60 minutes for the completion of the full experience.
- Harnesses, helmets and protective equipment will be provided. Sensible footwear or boots with good grip MUST be worn – these are not supplied.
- Minimum age 12.
- Minimum height 1.32m.
- Maximum of 6 walkers per climb.
- Enjoy the incredible views from the UK’s tallest rollercoaster!
If you have any problems ahead of arriving please contact us on 0871 222 1234.
Phone lines open are open from 9 am – 5 pm every day. Please note, calls to 0871 numbers cost 13p per minute plus your telephone company’s access charge. Terms and conditions apply.
Here's what to expect
- We start with a ‘Meet and Greet’ and presentation including a full safety briefing followed by kit-up training and checks on the use of the safety equipment.
- You will then be escorted to the base of The Big One main pull-up where you will walk up to the very top of The Big One lift hill.
- The ascent will pause at every 50ft to take in the surroundings views and provide an opportunity to hear more about the ride and details of how it works.
- Once at the top of the 235ft lift hill there will be ample opportunity to take in the incredible views and secure those lasting pictures.
- After descending the 420 steps with a pause at 100ft, your experience ends with a chance to buy any of the exclusive Walk The Big One merchandise.
This activity may not be suitable for everyone. The walk is a physically demanding activity. Sensible footwear or boots with good grip must be worn in order to participate – these are not supplied.
Participants must attend and understand a safety briefing before attempting the experience, and must also successfully complete a practical training section on the lower part of the structure prior to commencing the walk. Participants must be able to walk unaided, hold onto a handrail and use our prescribed safety equipment and harnesses.
Weather can impact this experience and wet and/or windy or stormy weather may result in postponement or cancellation. In all instances, if the decision is made to cancel the experience we will attempt to contact participants as soon as possible.
Prices & Dates
Price: £85.002023 & 2024 Dates and times:
|September||Friday 15th September||SOLD OUT|
|September||Friday 22nd September||SOLD OUT|
|September||Friday 29th September||SOLD OUT|
|March 2024||Friday 22nd March||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|
|April 2024||Friday 12th April||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|
|April 2024||Friday 19th April||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|
|May 2024||Friday 3rd May||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|
|May 2024||Friday 10th May||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|
|May 2024||Friday 17th May||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|
|June 2024||Friday 14th June||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|
|June 2024||Friday 21st June||6pm, 7pm & 8pm|